Top Tip For Investors
It's almost tax time, which to most people is a very stressful time. Below is a list of do's and don'ts for when it comes to tax write offs regarding real estate.
- Your property taxes.
- The mortgage interest on your primary residence, as well as on a second residence.
- Points that you paid when you purchased the house.
- Premiums paid for Mortgage Insurance, but only for policies issued after 2006.
- Dues to a homeowners association
- Appraisal fees
- Insurance on your home
- Home Improvements (with the exception of qualified medical related expenses)